Monday 31 October 2011

Bertie Love

So the clocks have gone back, it’s dark at 5.30pm and I have a cold.  EVERY time the weather changes I get a stinking cold and a cough, it’s so annoying!  I have been looking around for some new winter boots because as much as I despise winter I do love the fashion.  I love buying big chunky coats, matching scarves and gloves and the best thing of all - the shoes.

Bertie Shoes are the one brand that have caught my eye this year.  Their Autumn/Winter advertising campaign initially made me take notice of them, and they have some amazing boots for sale.  I have had my eye on these for a while but just never got round to buying them.  I spied them in the pub I was in on Friday night though and they are even more beautiful in real life. 

  
I know it sounds a bit silly, but I love a boot that is really verstile.  Don't get me wrong, I own my fair share of stupidly high shoes that I can't walk in etc, but I have no issue with spending slightly more than I normally would on a pair of shoes that I know will be perfect for me.  They are closed in so I don't have to worry about them slipping off my feet (I have weird sized feet and if I wear shoes that aren't closed in or don't have a strap I literally cannot keep them on my feet!).  They are wedged and personally I find wedges so easy to walk in - as easy as trainers!  I also like them because they are smart enough to wear on a night out with the right sort of outfit, but also could easily be chucked on for a shopping trip with the girls.  I can't think of an instance where I couldn't wear them?  Ok, maybe on my wedding day, but I love these shoes so much i'd probably try!  I am used to ankle boots being really plain and uncomfortable but I like the lace detail on the front and I like that they are a bit 'different' - are you getting how much I love them yet?

Bertie Shoes are slightly more expensive than normal brands I would go for, but they aren’t OTT expensive and this just gives me confidence that they are really well made...  I can see these boots lasting me a few winters, providing my feet don’t grow anymore (I don't think that is humanly possible).

If I manage to get my mitts on a pair i'll take some pictures for the blog and let you know how comfortable they are - I'm sure i'll try my best to wear them all the time!  In the mean time if you want to buy them yourself and make me EXTREMELY jealous, here's the link...

If you're going to buy them, buy me them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment