Tuesday 23 August 2011

Rain rain go away, come again... never!

What a horrible, miserable day it is today :( Today is the kind of weather where you just want to lay in bed with a hot chocolate and a film - Literally writing that has made me just want to run out of work and dissapear onto the Central Line!

I had a LOVELY weekend, hence the reason I have been MIA since Thursday.  Friday morning I woke up and the weather was lovely, so I went with my friend Dan to a lovely beach called Walton on the Naize, just outside of Clacton.  Look at how beautiful the beach is...




I arrived at Walton probably around 12.30ish.  We went and got sausage and chips and ate them on the beach.  Then we did what any normal 25 year olds would do - we went and bought a bucket a spade and dug a MASSIVE hole - it was big enough for me to sit in comfortably...




Once we dug the hole, we walked along the beach to the pier, went inside and played some games - I OWNED the dance mat, and then we had a nice drive home in the sunshine listening to Biffy Clyro.  It was a lovely day, and then I went to my friends house for a nice girly catch up and a chinese.  I was a happy bunny on Friday night when I went to sleep!

Obviously the rest of the weekend was filled up with V Festival.  I literally live 15 mins away from V in Chelmsford, so my lovely daddy agreed to drive me there and pick me up both days so I didn't have to drive myself or get a cab...

My friend Charlie came to mine on the Saturday - Want a glimpse of their V fashion?  Here you go...



Me channelling hippy chic
Hairband:  ASOS
Sunnies:  Ray Ban
T shirt:  Topshop
Shrug: 
Jeggings:  Primark
Espadrilles:  River Island

Charlie getting festival chic right
Hat:  New Look
Glasses:  Topshop
Top:  H&M
Leggings - Topshop
Plimpsoles:  Vans
I think we all rocked V hard on Saturday.  Unfortunately I was having far too much fun to take style pictures on the Sunday or indeed once we were in the festival, so you'll have to make do with a group shot of us girls on the Sunday;
From left to right - Me, Jo, Charlie, Boo
I saw some awesome acts at V too, although I wasn't too keen on the line up this year  On the Saturday I saw Wretch 32, Labrinth, Kele, Chipmunk, Example, Jessie J, Tinie Tempah, Plan B, Razorlight and Dizzee Rascal.  On Sunday I saw D12, Noisettes, Ocean Colour Scene, The Wanted, The Saturdays, The Script, Rhianna and then Eminem.  Out of all of those people, the only ones I actually like are Wretch 32, Kele, Example, Tinie Tempah, Razorlight, Dizzee Rascal, Ocean Colour Scene, Rhianna and Eminem.  I must admit though, bouncing around the JJB Arena with 2 gay guys watching the Saturdays was one of the highlights of the weekend!

So yesterday I chilled at a friends and watched X Factor and Big Brother, then we went for a Nando's and to see The Inbetweeners movie - was very funny and good, but I think because everyone had gone on about it so much I was expecting it to be better.  Still worth going to see though!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment