Thursday 25 August 2011

Payday Heyday

So, today I got paid.  I was sitting at work, wondering what I could wear to SW4 and also wondering what I could have for lunch... I tend to go a bit mad with regards to my lunch on payday - I always think "I can afford to have WHATEVER I WANT for lunch, so i'd better make it good" - I normally just end up eating a sandwich or something equally as boring though :/

Anyway, SW4 this weekend.  I literally have no idea what I am going to wear.  I've checked the weather forecast and it says 'light rain shower' and a high of 19 degrees.  This is all well and good, but what does this mean?  That it's going to be mostly sunny with the odd bit of rain?  That it'll absolutely piss it down for 2 hours and then be fine again afterwards?  Or just that it's going to lightly rain alll day?

Anyway, I went shopping at lunch and bought a few new bits.  I have lots of summery things I can wear if it turns out to be nice.  Little playsuits and sandals etc, but I don't really have anything if the weather isn't that great.  This is what I bought:

Raspberry Jeans from New Look - £23

 I really wanted a pair of coloured jeans, but the ones out at the moment in most shops are really bright - I wouldn't mind this, but that does nothing to help me flatter my figure, and due to the time constraint of summer practically being over, I didn't want to try to rock some neon pink trews in the middle of November.  I like this colour as there are so many things in the shops at the moment that will go with them, and they are bright without being too... bright.  Plus I like the word raspberry.  RASPberry.

I bought a plain black vest to wear with this top - I have loads but I always end up wearing them with pj bottoms (I can't bear sleeping in shirts or long sleeved tops).  I would post a picture, but it's nothing remarkable and I am sure you all know what a plain black vest looks like. 

New Look are doing a great offer at the moment too - If you spend £30 or more, they give you a free necklace, which I think is a nice touch.  I went for a parrot necklace, and I am already a little bit in love with it!

Parrot Necklace - New Look £6.99
aka free if you are quick!

Last but not least, I had pretty much given up hope of finding a nice top today so was on my way back to the office when I popped into River Island, and saw THIS:


Shawl - River Island - £25
I instantly fell in love with this.  You can't really see from the picture as it's not that clear, but it's a jacquard leopard print shawl - the colours are blue, camel, silver - The other thing I liked about it is that although it's got fur around the colour, it's not that horrible cheap looking fur, like you found a dead cat in the road and decided to nick it's tail and stick it around your neck.  I just figured if the weather is nice but not THAT nice this could be teamed with the jeans I just bought or denim shorts.  J'adore.

Anyway, that was the extent of my shopping trip - In all the excitement I forgot to buy something to eat before running back to the office to show everyone what i'd bought, so now I am sitting here trying to make a bag of ready salted crisps last me till 5pm.  My sister had better of made a big dinner when I get to hers :)

Hope you all have a lovely weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment