Friday 27 January 2012

Morsh's Picks of the Week

I decided to compile a nice list of all the lovely fashion/beauty bits I have seen this week that I have my eye on... read on for more and HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!


1.     Temporary Secretary

The ultimate pick of the week is the website Temporary Secretary.  I was browsing the blogs I usually read and saw a post on HERE by the lovely @lilypebbles about some pieces she had received from this site.  I decided to have a browse and instantly fell in love with some of the bits they have on there.  They sell nice bits of kitsch jewellery, as well as random pieces such as fake moustaches, notepads, bags, scarves.  They have a lot of moustache jewellery on there so I was always going to love it, given my obsession with all things ‘tache related.  Check out the website HERE and see below for my picks of the best pieces on the website:







2.  ELF Cosmetics

I have previously heard good things about ELF Cosmeticss so when I went online to check them out and was shocked to discover how cheap the range was!  I haven’t ever used their make up before, but due to the cheapness of it I decided to try a few bits and check it out.  It’s payday today so I went a bit mad and bought a ‘haul’, so i’ll probably blog the results of this when I receive it, but for now here is what I bought...

Studio Makeup Mist & Set
Studio Make Up Mist & Set - £3.50
Duo Eye Shadow Cream
Due Eyeshadow Creme in Black Licorice - £1.50

Blending Eye Brush
Blending Eye Brush - £1.50

Matte finisher Clear Nail Polish
Matte Finisher Clear Nail Polish - £1
All Over Cover Stick
All Over Cover Stick - £1.50

Plumping Lip Glaze in Oasis - £1.50

Concealer Brush
Concealer Brush - £1.50
zit zapper
Zit Zapper - £1.50
I'm not holding out TOO much hope to be honest, considering that lot including delivery (£2.50) came to £15.40, but it's worth a try as there are lots of good reviews on their site (could easily be biast, I know...) I'll be sure to let you all know when I receive the products though!

3.     Benefit Hervana

So Benefit sent me a lovely little press release all about their brand new blusher they are launching this Saturday, called Hervana.  I like Benefit make up, but I find things like the foundation etc just never really match my skin tone that well.  I am clearly a devoted fan of Hula and Benetint, so knowing they are launching a new blusher is music to my ears!  Short of just launching the blusher in different shade, this is a mix and match of 4 tones – lucky shell, divine peach, heavenly rose and berry delight, and combined together make up a lovely pinky toned blusher.  Reading the reviews of this blush from the lucky so and so’s that received this before the launch, I can tell that everyone is super impressed with it.  I like the look of this because the packaging is absolutely beautiful (as most of Benefit’s packaging is) and you can do so much with this blush!  Use the brush to mix all the colours together, or if you aren’t sure use only one colour and then pick the divine peach as a highlighter.  You could also have subtle cheek colour by using only one sweep or layer it to make the effect darker – I like having options!  I am excited about this lovely new product and funds allowing, will hopefully get involved on Saturday, along with Cha Cha Tint – I NEED that in my life!


4.  Soap and Glory – A Great Kisser

A new product from S&G, advertised as ‘a super fruit butter moisturising lip balm’, and that sounds good to me!  The balm comes in 3 colours (or flavours as I like to call it), either Chocolate Cherry, Sweet Coconut or Juicy Peach.  Juicy Peach is obviously a nice peach colour, Sweet Coconut is white, aka clear (and I bet it smells AMAZING) while Chocolate cherry is a really hot deep pink – perfect for people like me with pale(ish) complexions and dark hair!  Chocolate Cherry sounds good enough to eat, and one of the USP’s of this product is that it’s billed as being ‘not too waxy, not too slippery, not too greasy, not too sticky – in fact it’s just right” – That is a very good way to sell lip balm to me, as I have tried lots over the years and they are either really sticky and come off within about 5 mins or very greasy.  I am tempted to try one of these out, might have to go and make a sneaky purchase at lunch!

Chocolate Cherry                                  Juicy Peach                                      Sweet Coconut

5.     Daisy Street Shoes 

The shoes on this website are actually gorgeous, and the prices are very purse friendly too.  Some of the flats leave a lot to be desiered, but you can’t have it all.  The platforms are to die for though, I always tend to like the highest heels – the further away from a kitten heel the better (kitten heels - *vomits) so when I came across these beauties I nearly hyperventilated.  Check out the website HERE if you want to nab a pair of these for yourself but be quick, I have been paid and am contemplating buying them all...

Sasha Slipper - £15                  Rosie Suede - £35          Solange Glitter Gold - £30       Lucia Chelsea £30

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the shout out, Morsh! Love the other pick of the week and want to buy them all esp the Benefit blusher! Have a great weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and no problems about the shout out, love all the pieces on your site :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ELF brushes, they are surprisingly good for the price. I am currently attempting to resist the urge to click on the shoes link... x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, I received them today so will try them out later :) CLICK THE SHOES, THEY ARE AMAZING! Thanks for reading! x

      Delete