Thursday 15 December 2011

She's making a list, she's checking it twice...

Sorry I haven’t blogged for a while, I have been so busy lately with Christmas present shopping, busy social life and busy at work – I haven’t even had a chance to think about a detailed blog post!

It's that time of year again, where the blogging world is inundated with Christmas listsI thought i’d do a special Christmas beauty blog post to give you all some ideas the week before Christmas (and see the things I want if you are going to get me a gift haha).  I am normally super organised but due to me desperately trying to save for Vegas and buying more things in general I have run out of money – I’d say 80% of my present shopping is done but I still have to wait until the 22nd to get the rest :/ - luckily the things I am going to buy aren’t things that would normally ‘sell out’ though, so I should be ok!

So these are the things I am loving this Christmas, check them out J

***********************************************************************************************************************
I’ll start with the one I have been waiting for all month.  Boots do a ‘Better Than Half Price’ sale around Christmas time, where they massively discount a key product every week.   The last 2 years their final discounted item has been the biggest Soap and Glory set imaginable (The best was the hat box 2 years ago – the sheer amount of STUFF that was in there was incredible).  This year the Soap and Glory product they are going to be discounting is ‘Soap and Glory Big Splendour’.  For me, not as good as the Hat Box and I don’t really like the fact they have changed their packaging (the pink graffiti bag reminds me of fake Louis Vuitton’s you see in Claire’s Accessories) but it’s more about the products inside.  Big Splendour contains the following:


If this gift could talk it would say "check out my bad self"

Clean on Me – Clarifying Shower Gel 500ml
The Righteous Butter – Body butter 300ml
Pulp Friction – Body scrub 300ml
Face, Soap & Clarity – Face wash 150ml
Off Your Face – Cleaning wipes (pack of 25)
Heel Genius – Foot cream 125ml
Hand Food – Hand cream 125ml
Mist You Madly – Body spray 250ml
Sexy Mother Pucker – Lip Plumper in Candy Gloss – 7ml
Calm One, Calm All – Bubble bath 500ml

This all comes in a big weekend case.  At the moment it’s being sold in Boots for £60, but if you click this link here tomorrow, it’ll be in the Better Than Half Price sale for £25!!!  Having used Soap and Glory products before, I know this is a bargain.  I don’t like any of their hair products, my Sister and I have both tried them and they made our hair feel so unclean – I loved their body scrub as it really does the job, and I have used their body butter before, which is one of the only butters I have used that made my legs feel soft without feeling greasy.  BOYS LISTEN UP – If there is a woman in your life that likes to take care of her body and appearance, buy them this.  They will love you for it.

If you want to get this gift at the amazing discounted price, click HERE - Be quick though, these bad boys sell out SO quickly!  

***********************************************************************************************************************
Next up is the lovely little bath boxes from Lush.  I have always had a bit of a thing about Lush, mainly because whenever I walked past the one in Lakeside it STINKS.  I get that all of the products smell lovely, but combined together the smell is so over powering – I have no idea how anyone can stand in that shop all day and work!  Regardless, I braved it for the first time the other day and checked out their Christmas bits, and I am super impressed!  They have a lot more bits in the shops than they do on their website, so it’s worth popping in there to have a browse.  The sets are all reasonably priced, and they even have some for £5 that just have little bath bombs in – perfect for Secret Santa!


Snow Fairy - £10.95



Tin of Pure Imagination - £29.95



Secret Santa Green - £5.95



Happy Christmas - £20.95

To check out the rest of Lush's Christmas gift sets click HERE

***********************************************************************************************************************
Next we have some lovely offerings from ASOS.  This website has saved me the last couple of years when it came to Secret Santa gifts.  They have lots of Christmas gift sets all difference shapes, sizes and prices!  Brands such as Anatomicals, Soap & Glory, Cath Kidson, Eyeko, Nail Rock, Illamasqua and HUNDREDS more.  Click HERE to see what Christmas goodies they have in store this Xmas...

***********************************************************************************************************************
Nails Inc are doing good gifts on their website at the moment.  I know it might be a bit steep for a nail polish, but they have launched a new promotion called Couture by Nails Inc.  Basically for £20 you can go online and pick whatever cap you want (clearly diamante or studded), then any nail polish colour, then you can customize the label underneath (you can write a special Christmas message or some sort of festive abuse if you are anything like me) Then finally a box to go in, complete with 2 stickers of your choice.  This is the perfect present for the lady that has everything and you can warrant spending £20 on just a load of pretty packaging!  To get involved in this festive offering, click HERE


Nails Inc always do decent gift sets, which are perfect for Christmas too – you can check them all out here, but if you want a Christmas tip from me... *whispers* head to Matalan where they have lots of Nails Inc polish sets that are massively discounted, along with other random beauty and perfume products.  If you check out their website they have next to nothing, but head into a store and you’ll be surprised by the quality of gifts they have on the quiet!  Sssshh!  Click HERE to check out their Christmas Shop, where they are offering the likes of these babies:

The In Crowd Colour Collection - £39.50
Heavy Metals Colour Collection


The Wonderobe - £35

***********************************************************************************************************************
Keeping up with the nail varnish theme, Models Own have come into their own this year with the Christmas gift sets!  I love Models Own nail varnish anyway – it requires minimal effort due to it being so pigmented, therefore resulting in less layers, it dries quickly and it rarely chips for me unless I have had it on for about 2 weeks.  They have some lovely gift sets not just for polish but for make up too.  I’ve said before that i’ve never used Models Own make up (apart from the free eyeliner I got with my Disco Mix polish) but it looks like it’d be quite good:  To check out these lovelies click HERE , the Ultimate Polish Set practically made me dribble!


Ultimate Polish Set - £50

Luxe Lips Kit - £25


Luxe Glamour Eyes £ 25

Happy Christmas everyone! xx


No comments:

Post a Comment