Friday 25 May 2012

Bright Light City...

I thought i’d do a little post about the nail polish I had in Vegas... I haven’t got pictures of all the polish I bought yet as I literally haven’t had a chance to keep painting my nails as I have been running around so much since i’ve been back, but i’ll start with these...

I went into Sephora when I was in Vegas and as predicted, nearly died of excitement!  The shops is absolutely unreal for the amount of products and the absolute bargains you get in there!  I picked up some OPI, Ciate Caviar Nails, Nails Inc, Illamasqua and Essie polishes and was in my element.

The polish I was most excited about getting was the Ciate Caviar nails – I decided to make myself wait till I was out there to buy it just as it would be so much sweeter, and I wasn’t sure if they’d have any alternative colours.  I was most excited about getting the black pearl set but when I was showed the 3 different colours I just had to buy the multi coloured too and it’s turned out to be the pack I have ended up using the most!  

I had taupe nails with moustache transfers on for the first few days of Vegas, I did take a picture of my nails and post it on Facebook but for some reason cannot find the picture ANYWHERE now L The picture I have attached is of the same transfers just so you can get an idea, but I had put them on with Models Own Bare Beauty.  



After about 5 days of wear and tear the transfers weren’t looking too great and they had faded and chipped off.  I used this as the perfect excuse to begin my polish shopping and went and purchased the polishes listed above.  This picture is of the first change to my nails in Vegas.  I used OPI Gauda Gauda Two Shoes for the main nails, and then the Ciate Caviar manicure in Rainbow.  I liked how the ring finger was brighter than the nails, I feel like if i’d put a neon or pink colour on the rest of my nails it would have made them look a bit too ‘candy’ like.  I found that the caviar nails lasted a decent amount of time on my hands, bearing in mind I was swimming and probably doing more with my hands then I would normally do being on holiday etc.  I think on average they lasted 3 days before most of them had fell off and I had to remove, but considering I didn’t think they’d last an evening they did quite well!  I am definitely going to be sticking with the caviar manicure as it’s a nice way to jazz up your nails a little bit if you want something funky but still need to be understated.



Next is the Illamasqua polish I picked up over there.  This could potentially be my favourite colour of all time!  I have other purples and lilacs in my collection but have normally found that unless the purple is a pastel shade it makes my hands look really pale.  After thinking this for the best part of 2 years, along comes Illamasqua and blows my theory right out of the water with Jo’mina.  It attracted my attention because of the colour and partly because of the name (my friend Jo also picked up a bottle out there purely because we decided it was named after her) and it did an awesome job of making my hands and feet look browner if anything.  This is a lovely summer shade but not too OTT bright, I can see this being my favourite shade this season.  The coverage of the polish is also really good, it’s not too thick and gloopy but doesn’t need 4 layers to make it bright.  Drying time is again not too bad, although the most boring thing in the world is waiting for your nails to dry...



Last but not least in this post I have my beloved Essie in ‘Cute as a Button’ – I cannot resist a good coral colour for summer and although I probably have a million slightly different coral shades, this colour isn’t like the others.  It has a very warm pink undertone to it, to the point where I cannot actually decide if it’s coral or pink?  Anyway, I love it, perfect for work as it’s bright without being neon and just looking at my hands with it on makes me smile.  If you can imagine the Models Own Hedonist without the bright NEONness, then this is what the colour is like in real life – LOVE!  In this picture I had it on with the Rainbow Caviar Nails on the ring finger as I am a bit obsessed with that at the moment...

As you can probably tell I bought more than 3 polishes out there, so hopefully over the weekend I can experiment a bit with the colours and post some more.  One thing that has upset me greatly is that I bought the Nails Inc Fishnet Magnetic Nails out in Vegas in Gold, but when I got back the magnet had fell off the top and i’ve lost it, so now i’m just stuck with a plain gold polish that I can’t do the effect with L Bad times.  On a brighter note, just LOOK at all the polish in Sephora – can you imagine how much of a total fit I had when I saw this?  My idea of actual heaven, GET ME BACK TO VEGAS!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment