Thursday 6 September 2012

Overnight Celebrity

Well I have had an exciting couple of days!

After the mess of the weekend, I thought this week was going to be one of the worlds worst.  We went out on Saturday night with a few of the boys we met in Vegas and it ended up being an extremely drunken night - I spent the entire day suffering on Sunday :(  I went to sleep at 7.30am on Sunday morning and woke up at 10am so wasn’t functioning properly anyway, and then didn’t get to sleep till 1.15am on Monday morning, alarm going off at 5.30am.  It’s safe to say on Monday afternoon at work I was basically a walking zombie!

I was perked up a bit when Charlie reminded me we were going on an awesome celebrity stalking mission on Tuesday night.  Charlie works in Covent Garden, right next to the Royal Opera House which was hosting the GQ Men of the Year Awards.  Charlie, her workmates and I all went out for dinner from work and then went and stood outside the barrier like little screaming fan girls waiting to meet celebrities.  I didn’t know what to expect, I knew we’d have a laugh but didn’t have a clue what sort of celebrities would turn up.  Charlie raised my hopes by saying Bradley Cooper and Jonny Depp were there the year before, so I had high expections...

Unfortunately neither of those absolute hotties turned up!  Tom Hardy, Dave Grohl, Jensen Button and David Beckham all stayed away too (our absolute faves) but we did get to meet some decent celebs!  We saw Ronan Keating, David Gandy, Tom Jones, Jamie & Louise Redknapp, Katherine Jenkins, Tinie Tempah, Bradley Wiggins, Jessie J, Victoria Pendleton, Robbie Williams, Dermot O’Leary, Stella McCartney, Chris Hemsworth and Liam Gallagher.  Our favourites of the night were Greg Rutherford (Team GB Long Jump Gold medallist), Louis Smith  (Team GB Gymnastics Legend), Llana Del Ray and GARY BARLOW!  Greg Rutherford was absolutely lovely and chatted to us for a little bit and had pictures taken, as did Louis Smith!  I missed Gary Barlow as a group of Spanish girls decided to try and sit on my head so I moved backwards just as his car turned up L The other girls got really close and managed to get pictures of him though so that was cool!  All in all a very exciting night, and it took me back to being 15 years old again!  Check out the pictures of us doing our best Avid Merrion impersonations...  I FUCKING LOVE CELEBRITIES!  (please excuse my poor photo taking skills but when you are surrounded by screaming children who are attempting to throw you over a barrier, it's not easy to take a decent picture on a phone)

Ronan Keating
 
Tinie Tempah

J J J J Jessie J

Llama Del Ray

GREG RUTHERFORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<3

Louis Smith!

Kylie Minogue

This was the point where Greg and I were discussing
how much we loved eachother

Yesterday as I still hadn’t caught up on my sleep I wanted an early night, but then I found out I had won tickets to see Emeli Sande at the iTunes festival.  My friend Jo loves her and had a day off work yesterday so I asked her if she wanted to come.  Jo met me up at Oxford Circus and we walked down to our beloved Victoria’s Secret at New Bond Street – neither of us had been in this one yet as we had just stuck to the Westfield Stratford one as it’s nearer home.  IT IS AMAZING!  It is 4 floors hight!  The lower level is dedicated to the PINK range, with tote bags, tracksuits, gym wear, bikinis etc.  The middle 2 levels are for the standard underwear and make up and the top floor seemed to be a private dressing room behind closed doors, probably in case any super celebrities or Angels decide to pay a visit!  A lovely touch in this shop is they have genuine outfits from the world famous VS Fashion Shows on display, actual wings and underwear worn by the Angels themselves!  The New Bond St store doesn’t sell the vast range of body sprays like the Westfield Stratford one does, which is really annoying, but it’s worth going for the tracksuits!  The Bond St branch is participating in the Vogue’s Fashion Night Out event tonight.  You can turn up and get free champagne, a free bra measuring service and they are giving away freebies if you spend over £70 (which i’ve heard is a VS tote bag and/or a VS iPhone case).  I was going to buy a tracksuit last night but I am holding out and running down there after work so I can get the freebies.  I did buy 5 pants for £20 last night so have no plans to get more tonight but you never know – would be rude not to!  Credit Card!

Me and Jo, Wonky Wednesday!


Nice Hat


I don't even know why this happened to me

Me, Dutch and Emil the Hippo

Emeli Sandeeeeeeeee


The Roundhouse

In other news, I am SUPER excited about the Models Own Mirrorball collection coming out soon!  It actual debuts in the bottle shop at Westfield London (NOT the Stratford one) today, an then they go on sale on the website on the 10th and general sale in Boots etc from the 15th September.  Models Own are also currently running a deal where if they manage to get 100,000 likes in September they’ll do their amazing 50% off sale for all customers!  This is bloody awesome as their nail polishes are worth paying £5 for anyway, but if you get the 50% off that makes them £2.50 each – that’s enough to give me heart palpatations!  Hopefully we’ll crack the likes quickly so I can get the entire Mirrorball collection 50% off (yes I do want every colour and no there is nothing wrong with that).  What do you think of the Mirrorball collection?  Any specific colours you want?


If you want to check out what the Mirrorball polishes look like on, check out the lovely Fee's site Make Up Savvy to see some awesome swatches! x

*UPDATE* Fragrance Direct are currently offering Essie polish for £2!  Get involved HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment