Tuesday 3 April 2012

Another Contraversial Publicity Stunt by the Daily Mail

HOLD THE PRESS – THERE IS SOMETHING NEW TO BE ENRAGED ABOUT!!!!!!

*jumps on bandgwagon*

Today Samantha Brick has written an article in the Daily Mail entitled “There are downsides to looking this pretty” – Why women hate me for being beautiful”.  Samantha basically goes on to describe that throughout her entire life she has been plagued by men being overly nice to her and women hating her due to her astounding beauty. 

She describes the things men have done for her – opened doors, bought her train tickets, given her bottles of champagne.  She says ‘bar tenders frequently shoo my credit card away when I try to settle my bill’.  She also tells how very good friends have dropped her as they can’t trust her at home with their husbands or in social situations, or because they are jealous of her looks and it makes them feel inferior.


'Good looking woman': But Samantha Brick says that her pleasing looks have been a curse, with many of her own sex becoming resentful
This is Samantha Brick Shithouse


I’m not sure if you’ve read the DM article, but it shocked me.  I was literally expecting a woman that looks like Mila Kunis to be plastered on the page, but in all honesty it’s a woman with a face that I wouldn’t even describe as that pretty.  Don’t get me wrong, this isn’t going to be a biased ‘I HATE THE DM’ article.  The woman in the picture isn’t ugly, but she’s not exactly pretty either.  She is the sort of woman that if I was walking down the road towards her I wouldn't give her a second glance.  If anything, she looks a bit like a Pug.  She's quite tall, blonde, has quite a nice smile, but I wouldn’t be TOTALLY jealous of her if she was in the room with me.  This leads me to believe that it’s not her ‘looks’ that her friends are jealous of or that appeal to men – it’s her attitude.

I for one have body confidence issues, along with about 90% of the rest of the female population.  There’s nothing wrong with that, it’s just something that each woman has to deal with each day.  I know there are girls out there that are confident with what they look like which is great, but it’s SO easy for confidence to be mistaken for arrogance.  I would never EVER write an article for a national newspaper telling everyone how beautiful I am and that it’s a pain in the ass.  The fact that Samantha Brick has done this and has absolutely no qualms about the sort of backlash she is going to receive (even I could have seen this coming a mile off) shows that she either has oodles of confidence or a screw loose.  The instant way to make a woman dislike you is to not join in with the constant ‘reassurance game’ of asking each other if you look ok and pointing out all your flaws in the hope someone will tell you you are being silly and give you a bit of temporary confidence.  If a girl was to ask you if she looked ok and you said yes, then she replied “I know, haha I was joking” then every girl that heard is just going to think she is a total dickhead.

I might be overstepping the mark here but I think you can judge Samantha’s character quite well from this article.  As I said above, you don’t even need to read the article to know that she has a high opinion of herself (through her own fault or through others telling her this over the years is regardless), she is confident, self assured and likes to look after herself.  All of these are good qualities, qualities we should all have but we don’t – you just don’t want TOO much of them, as this could be as bad as having none of these qualities.

The article does make me wonder how she is around her friends husbands.  Overly confident women tend to be flirts, whether they mean to be or not.  They might have no intention of doing anything untoward in their head at all, but if you feel you look good, sound good, smell good then you do ooze sex appeal, do want to talk to men and be the centre of attention because you don’t mind the spotlight being on you.  I suspect it’s not Samantha’s face that makes her a poison woman, but the way she acts around these people.  Even the way you carry yourself when you feel like you look good is different – your whole personality just seems more ‘open’, and all of these things are attractive to men.  The one thing that isn't attractive is a woman with a massive head, and Brick's head appears to be so big she could play Hey Arnold in the Theatre.

It’s a shame the article was written in this way.  She could have easily described what her life has been like and then used these tools to help other women feel better about themselves.  If she is self assured and confident then she could help women that aren’t as much so to embrace how they look – as I said, Samantha is no oil painting, so if she can feel this great and have this sort of effect on men, then there is surely hope for us all.

In the meantime, does my bum look big in this?

P.S Oh, as much as I HATE giving the DM any publicity I can't really post this without a link to the offending article - so begrudgingly, here you go... SAMANTHA BRICK SHITHOUSE ARTICLE

No comments:

Post a Comment